Hey all, Victoria here, and it's that time again! If you've heard the rumors they're true! NA Alley is back and we are bringing you the second ever NA Crush Tournament. We'd once again love to thank YA Sisterhood for allowing us the honor of hosting a new adult version of their YA Crush Tourney! Well, you're not here to hear me talk so on with the goods! We've got a few changes from last year so make sure you read everything!
|Swipe our button!|
First and foremost: this tourney is for New Adult (NA) crushes from NA novels only. No YA or MG characters.
We will be going by our official definition of NA as posted under our "What is New Adult?" tab. I'll post this below :-)
What is New Adult?
Protagonists generally fall between the ages of eighteen and twenty-six, though exceptions may apply. NA characters are often portrayed experiencing: college, living away from home for the first time, military deployment, apprenticeships, a first steady job, a first serious relationship, etc.
We ask all readers to use our definition when nominating heroes. We understand that there are some gray areas,* and there does need to be a clear cut off when distinguishing NA books from MG, YA, and Adult fiction. So, we have come up with the following to determine eligibility:
- The novel is shelved in brick and motar bookstores in the Adult category (General Fiction, Romance, etc.) No YA or MG.
- The book is virtually top-shelved in "New Adult" on Goodreads.com.
- The characters are college-aged** (18 - 26 years-old: the general amount of time it takes to start and complete a traditional doctoral program).
These are the rules we are going by when determining if a crush qualifies. No exceptions. If the book is ebook only then the second two bullet points apply.
Additional Rules and Info:
- Only one crush per author can participate in the tourney
- Previous tourney winners are not eligible to participate in the tournament. Sorry Kellan!
- We are now allowing thirty crushes this year, so there are more opportunities to get your favorite crush in!
So with that, the official rules*** will be posted when nominations for crushes open: June 3, 2013 (12:01 am EST). Applications for crush advocates will open June 10, 2013 (12:01 am EST), and the official #NACrushTourney14 will start June 24, 2013.
Now's the time to get out and get those street teams ready, and spread the word about the #NACrushTourney14! We hope you are as excited as we are :D
* Gray areas will be analyzed on a case by case basis by our members privately
** Normally, we view NA as a fluid category where exceptions of character age can and do vary by story. But for the sake of fairness, we are setting parameters for this particular tournament.
***All rules are subject to change at our discretion