|I read about 90% NA - how about you?|
Good morning, all! It’s Jaycee, here, wanting to discuss your reading habits. New Adult lit is really picking up steam and going strong, but as we all know, the category is still early in its development and is chugging its way along to find mainstream recognition. There are people out there denying the very notion of new adult as a category, and others who express and out-and-out disdain for it (which just stirs up more and more interest in the NA Category, so it doesn't really bother me).
Then there are others who are embracing the category with wide-open arms, and even creating groups and blogs dedicated to New Adult. Examples of this are The New Adult Reading Challenge, The New Adult Book Club, which recently opened up on Goodreads, and even review/book blogs that focus quite a bit on New Adult books (see this post for some of them).
A lot of the quotes I’ve been seeing around, here and there, are something along the lines of “I’m so into the whole New Adult literature trend right now,” and “I’m just loving all these new New Adult books!” Obviously this gives me the warm and fuzzies to read, but I was thinking this would be a great discussion to have on the blog just to see how much the growing popularity of New Adult has changed and affected your reading habits.
So, these are my questions:
- How much of your reading is made up of New Adult literature?
- Do you actively seek out books in the New Adult category?
- Have you – as NA Sister Victoria Smith says – “gone to the dark side” and mainly only read New Adult books or do you read a pretty eclectic mix of categories?
- What would make you read it more? For example, a broadening of genres being explored, etc.
- What are you enjoying most about the new adult books that are out there now?
I do hope you'll share! I'd really like to know how much new adult you're reading!