Welcome back! I want to thank everyone who has come to visit, followed our blog, joined our giveaway, and/or spread the word!
May I ask something about you?It's Wednesday of Blog Me, MAYbe, which means that today we ask our readers questions, and I have a question I've been waiting to ask of you!
What are some of your favorite New Adult reads?
Generally speaking, these would be with college-age protagonists, roughly 18-25ish (or even slightly older), but it's not just about age. I've read stories with characters who were supposed to be 22-years-old, but they "sounded" and acted older than I do (and I'm 34 - hey, a young 34, but still!). These protagonists already had established careers, had their lives together, were secure in who they were, and weren't dealing with what most twenty-somethings typically deal with. What it boils down to is that the voice just didn't strike me as genuine or authentic, and we all know how important voice is in a story. So, I wanna know, what new adult stories have you read that had authentic or genuine voice to you that you would recommend we read?
I've started a list of visitor's recommendations on the NA Recommended Reads page, because we really want this to be a whole community effort, and we're always hungry for new NA reads - and I'm sure many of your are, too.
Here's the list we have so far:
- Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
- Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park
- The Secret Society Girl series by Diana Peterfreund
- The Forever Girl: Sophia's Journey by Rebecca Hamilton
- Wasteland by Lynn Rush (novel)
- Awaited (Wasteland #2) by Lynn Rush (novel - coming in May)
- Drip Drop Teardrop by Samantha Young (novella)
- Love Story by Jennifer Echols (novel)
- Tempest by Julie Cross
- Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens
- Effortless by S.C. Stephens
- Eternal Starling by Angela Corbett
- Slammed and Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover
- The Tiger Saga by Colleen Houck
- I Am Everyone I Meet by James P. White
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
- The Between the Lines Series by Tammara Webber
I thank you in advance for sharing with us! You're all rockstars! (My highest compliment)